Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with WL statesman interoir!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR stato
Hey there.... got this new part for my interior to replace old shitty 1.... not sure how to get it out???

DSC00082.jpg

any ideas?

DSC00081.jpg

got to go into here? its really tight wont just pullout do i have to take the whole centre console out?
DSC00080.jpg

im to tight to get someone to do it for me :p

cheers

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Yeah you have to take the center console out if you want to take it out. I'm not sure, but I think you can slot it in over the console.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's screwed in from underneath the console cover.

To remove the console cover, lift out the rubber floor from the small compartment below the radio and you will feel one small screw slightly off centre to the driver's side. Unscrew it. Then, starting from the rear of the cover, with the console bin lid lifted, unclip the cover, rear to front. You should also put the transmission selector in Neutral, to assist in slipping the cover over the shifter.

Lift the cover up a few inches, reach underneath and unclip the power window switch and any others that are fitted to the cover. (Not sure what a Statesman has down there!)

Once you have lifted the cover clear of the console, you will see a couple of screws holding that bin into the cover.