Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Help !!!

Psycoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Hey all....

I am really confused.

I have a VY SS series II, stockish 6 speed. I am going to buy a otr intake, and from what i gather, i will be losing the "maf" sensor.

Am i able to still get any gains if i do not get one of those "MAFLESS" tunes?

I do not have the funds yet to get one, so is it still cool to run the car with a otr intake and no mafless tune?

Thanks

:bang:

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
From wat i know, if you take the MAF out, you need to get it re-tuned or re-programmed or wateva they do... but not sure

Im not much help, i know, but ur in the wrong section. I know this says V8 stuff, but thats holden V8s and older, there is a LSx section under it on the main page which should give you more help as its for LS1, LS2, LS3, L76 & L98's etc:)

best of luck

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
if you buy the OTR intake you have to get a maffless tune otherwise there aint no point buying the OTR it would be a waste of your money

monaroman76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey all....

I am really confused.

I have a VY SS series II, stockish 6 speed. I am going to buy a otr intake, and from what i gather, i will be losing the "maf" sensor.

Am i able to still get any gains if i do not get one of those "MAFLESS" tunes?

I do not have the funds yet to get one, so is it still cool to run the car with a otr intake and no mafless tune?

Thanks

:bang:

Yer mate as already said, the OTR intake is only any good if u have the mafless tune. The car will not run without the maf sensor otherwise. On the plus side there are big gains to be made from getting the mafless tune. i think most people see 30+ rwkw