Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help?

M

mase

I recently had my holden shipped here from NZ. Customs now tells me I need documentation to validate that the car was built in Australia (even though all commodores are) I've been to a few dealers who tell me that everyone (except bloody customs) knows that all comms are australian built but no ideas on where to get an official record.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
that would by far be the funiest thing i have ever heard, i guess what you could possibly do is aproach holden it's self, i.e. mabey the holden head office here in qld, and ask them if they have the shipping documentation. or even take them the vin, engine, and any other' no's you can find, and see if they can give you a copy of a build number. other than that, i think you might just be looking at getting your self a new commie. i love customs. they are so smart, and bright. if you get some info on the vin plates, im sure it will say the place of build in the vin no somewhere. take that to customs and get them to have a look.

hope all goes well for you, let us know how it all goes

cheers
garth

D

death-from-above

Not really sure about an official record but usually the I.S.O.V.I.N will show where the car is made,

For example in the VS the 11th character will show it, "L" meaning Elizabeth S.A.

I hope that helps, bloody customs, I know the feeling (Ever since Sep 11 importing army equipment is a pain in the ass and subject to customs searches which cost you $150 for their time, apparently they think im a terrorist)

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
tell them it was built in NZ. then it is a personal import and you can do it anyway!

only joking.. they really are morons.

G

Grantis1976

Holden can supply your needed codes for this need.
The printout they give you will have an exact run down of what the letters and numbers on your chassis plates realy mean. As someone else mentioned to you before, a certain letter indicates build factory, options, dates down to the hour!

Good Luck !!!