Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
how do i remove a VS berlina series 2 Fuel tank ?? if any1 has pictures or anything that would be great

Thanks guys

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
there's an access panel inside the rear guard of the right rear wheel. remove that and you can access where the filler neck clamps onto the top of the tank as well as the breather lines.

then underneath the car at the front of the tank, you can unclip the wires to the pump and remove the fuel hoses.. (CAUTION!!!! - de-pressurise the fuel system first!!!!!)

once all that has been disconnected, its 3 bolts on 2 straps... (one of the straps clips in on the forward end)

wah lah! installation is the reversal...

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
how do i de pressurise the fuel system ??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
how do i de pressurise the fuel system ??

With the engine idling ,remove the fuel pump relay which is located under the bonnet near the fuses etc,this will depressurise the fuel system and also cause the engine to stall,after the engine has stalled,try to restart the engine for a few seconds,just to make sure all the fuel pressure has been relieved...Then just replace the fuel pump relay once the jobs finished...Its a good time while the fuel system is depressurised and apart to replace the fuel filter if it hasnt been changed in a while,they cost around $10 from places like supercheap etc..Its located at the rear of the car just in front of the fuel tank.

Last edited: