Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kuhlwind

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ s Thunder
hey guys i got a problem with my 2006 VZ 'S' Thunder.
Yesterday coming home from work my car seemed to just shut down, check drivechain light came on, brakes became similar to that of when the car is not on, power steering turned itself off, and did not want to accelerate but engine remained on.

After turning the car off and waiting 15 seconds i restarted it and it took a while to crank over, but got started and the check drivechain warning light came on but everything seemed to work as per usual.

i have booked the car into be serviced but it is there anything i can do so that i can make sure this doesnt occur again before the service?

any help is much appreciated

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
First is your to find out what caused the error then you will be able to go from there there's no guarantee it will not happen again untill you know what it is Thats caused it i always carry at least a laptop with me so i can diagnose straight away and if you have a v8 get an elm 327 unit and either an android phone or iphone

kuhlwind

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ s Thunder
ive got the V6 alloytec is there a similar way to diagnose it?

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
happened to ours.
done a full service nothing
o2 sensors, mild improvement.
coils, voila! all fixed!