Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!

MaxF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 3 5.7
Hey all, new to this forum and just after some help!
I own a Vx ss 5.7ltr auto, with a big cam and supporting mods and have recently been experiencing 2 issues
1: when the car is cold after coming to a stop I will go to take off and put my foot down and the car will just roll and not rev until I have pumped the accelerator down a few time, I have told it could be the brake booster so replaced that and same problem. Only lasts until the car is warm, it's driving me crazy!
2nd problem: when rolling if I go to brake the car slows down average/Normal but if I slam my foot on the brake the pedal gets quite hard towards the floor and the abs doesn't engage and lock up and the car just rolls to a stop. I have checked all fuses, pads, disc bled the breaks and checked with a scan tool with no luck.
Any help is greatly appreciated thankyou !
Max.

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 152

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
abs stops locking up brakes, when you brake that hard you should feel a grinding/pulsing through the peddle/car, the abs releases pressure just before lock up and reapplies(this happens in milliseconds) to top skidding and you loosing control
check oil in transmission, may need top up or service the auto

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Has your car been tuned to take account of the big cam? I remember there was an issue with large camshafts not producing enough vacuum for the brake booster to work properly, not sure if that applies to LSx engines.

MaxF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 3 5.7
Hey all thankyou for replies, In reply to BlackVxgts, the car has been tuned by BYE perfomance to match the cam shaft, And MYVESSV8, the brake booster has just been changed and has no leaks also just serviced the transmission and new pads and the brakes are working fine, still having issues with the accellerator, could it be because the car was tuned with Cats and since has had the cats removed? maybe something to do with the o2 sensors??
Cheers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
.......could it be because the car was tuned with Cats and since has had the cats removed? .....Cheers

Using my crystal ball, I see big fines for you in the not too distant future if you don't replace the catalytic converters. It's very obvious when a car has no cats and the financial penalties are very large.