Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help!!

• Thread starter brendan_vnwagon
  • Start date
B

brendan_vnwagon

hey i have just got my self a Vn wagon and am in the stages of installing a cd player but after removing the old one i have relised that they guy that had put the other one in has made a mess of it all i have spent all day working on it trying to figure out what goes where i have worked it all out and have got power in my positive (red wire) and have my earth(black wire) then i have the yellow wire which i think is the problem it has another white wire joined to it running of it sumwhere else should this white wire be on it and what other things could be causing the cd player not to play

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
The yellow wire is the memory or backup. this wire needs 12 volts when the key is in the off position. The red should have power when the key is in the acc. or on position. The CD player will not play or function without this yellow wire hooked up.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok well i would trace the wire comming off the Acc wire. find out where it goes, then remove or leave if nesacery.