Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
i took my old vh out for a run today (the one i am goin to rebuild) and for no reason i came up to a set of lights and when i stoped and put the clutch in it jus died and it done it nearly everytime i stoped could it have something to do with the fuel pump???

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Was it ok when the motor was at operating temperature?
A simple solution could be to just turn the idle up, but that won't be solving the problem (not unless the problem is ur idle turned down to much).

I don't think it would be ya fuel pump, coz if it pumps enuf to keep up when ur driving then I'd say it should be good enuf to keep it idling. Maybe the timing is out a bit? Does it misfire at all? Maybe change ur plugs and leads possibly?

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
It done it a fair bit before and after it got to runnning temp and it didnt missfire or anything it jus died like you turned the key off

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Get a can of WD40/Inox/RP7 and pull all your spark plug leads off and spray some lube in them. Also pull your distributor leads off and spray some in each plug too. Takke the cap off and spray some inside. Is your car on gas? What was the last thing you remember doing to your car before this play-ups started happening? Is your ignition coil wiring shorting with any of the chassis?
It sounds a bit strange just going dead. Usually it would cough a bit and then die, but with gas it just dies, that's why I asked if you have LPG.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
naa its not on gas and the only other thing i have done to it was put on a dif carby on about a year ago and it did not play up or anything then it jus started stalling for no reason it would not hickup or anything it would jus die

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Sounds like a possible vacuum leak. Did you replace the base gasket when you changed the carb?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Check your battery and leads, check coil, check fan belt see if its lose then check your water level in your radiator.

You timing might be a bit out..

Even check if your water pump is still working...

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea slim when i put the new one on i brought a gasket kit for it and a month after that me mate put a timing gun on it and he said everything seems alright

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Likely is. Water level won't make a difference. If your timing is out or even way out, it shouldn't stall. It would just idle like a barge. :)

Does it only stall when the car has warmed up? LIke does it stall for the first 2-3 kilometres?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
It was just an idea as if u lose water she heats up causing her to stall :yeah:

Do the problems occur on 2nd gear if u have a manual? does the battery light flicer on and off when u slow down ta the traffic lights?

Then the above might work for you.

Could also be related to anti diseling...