Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Helping with speaker molding

bad_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V6 3.8
lol yeah..wires, electronics, computers - **** em' I hate it...I just get instructions and give them to a friend and he helps me out.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Youre best bet is to either buy a pair of speaker pods off a VR/S and mount them on the doors. Either that or buy a pair of Aerpro speaker pods, see below:
Speakers And Spacers - AERPRO Car Audio Accessories

The APF60CF, APF60BL or APF60GR would suit you if you dont have splits (component) speakers.

Both options will require you to cut holes in the door interiors to allow for the speaker pod (VR/S ones) to be mounted or for the magent/wiring to go through (Aerpro pods).

Only problem i can think of is the colour of your interior, if im not mistaken your interior is a tan colour? The VR/S pods will be light grey and the Aepro (as you can see in the link) are available in either black, light grey or carbon fibre.

-mick-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 SII
yep I made that mistake, never mounted my 6x9s..
if your going to have them in a box make sure they are secured!!
when i totaled my VP the box missed my head by fanny hair & smashed the windsheild. would have done some serious damage if it had hit my head.