Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELPPP!!!!! LS1 Blowing white smelly smoke???, Fuel pressure?

AaronPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore LS1 MAFLESS BIG CAM
HELPPP My VU Ls1 Ute has a MAFLESS TUNE and a Big ass cam has been running brilliantly then all of a sudden when I started it for work next day it was blowing lots of smoke (usually when backing off after reving it) and the problem seems too have worsened now its lost heaps of power and sounds like an old tractor, diagnostic report showed no problems and the mechanic claimed it may be a fuel pressure problem, the gauge on my fuel regulator (surge tank then bosch 044 fuel pump then aeromotive regulator) show that it is at 60psi, someone please point me in the right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS-Z LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z Ute
Check your water & oil - possible gasket failure or crack somewhere. White smoke normally means water.

AaronPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's the thing the oil and the coolant havnt budged abit!! got me stumped lol

AaronPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
I always hammer it actually :/ oh my I just checked the oil and there is nothing, I checked it a few weeks ago there was oil , so I guess its more serious than initially thought

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
If you're going to hammer your car, maintenance is key.
Also how did you not decide to check oil before posting?

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
I always hammer it actually Nek minnit... :/ oh my I just checked the oil and there is nothing, I checked it a few weeks ago there was oil , so I guess its more serious than initially thought

Fixed your post Aaron.... :clap: :doh:

AaronPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rookie error thats why I just assumed oil was fine because I checked it a few days before and it was fine I called mechanic immediately but he put me on a bum steer telling me too look at fuel pressure so ive been tinkering with the regulator and not looking at the hard mechanical side. So its still blowing loads of smoke and lost power AND losing oil but no COOLANT so what are we looking at here?

pac1518

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commy
could be one or more of: blown head gasket, stuffed valve stem seal, cracked head, cracked block