Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HEMI swap, would it fit?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The 340 is pretty hard to find these days as they were only put into a few aussie cars in a single year (might be wrong with the time frame)

The 360's actually respond well to a little tickling internally....Mild cam, head work, 4 barrel carb and manifold....These would be easier to find than a 340 but still getting hard to find....I'm not 100% sure whether there is a stroker kit for the 360's, but a little investigating would reveal the answers to that one.

Alternatively go the 318, as they are more common and they actually do a stroker kit for these.....
I was just throwing it out there trying to get a 340 to fit and engineered would be a bit of a nightmare and if it's a street car getting it registered would be a nightmare at best. We don't know how serious the OP even is? If the OP wants a 340 they should be available in the States reasonably easy, plenty of Dodge had them and they have so much parts availability and could no doubt get injector manifolds to suit. If the OP has endless money then might as well go Hellcat. OP would just need to import the trans to suit rather than messing around with GM options. Have to ask yourself though is a VS worth the $120k build. You could visit the States and import an old Dodge Charger for similar money with Hellcat installed and probably have something that will probably increase in value.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If going old Hemi V8 best go the 340. They went better than the 360. Couple that with a 727 or 904 and Dana 60, OP would have one of the strongest drivelines around.

426 FTW.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Anything will fit...it’s just the size of the hammer required that changes..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A really common straight six is the Chrysler 4.0 black mot or. You can stroke them to 4.7 and go from there. Stock they go a fair bit bit better than Buicks and Eco. They are a very strong old donk and have decent torque for a six. AW4 trans are common too and are way stronger than the 4L60e and don't suffer from heat like the 4L's do.

OP if you want 4.0 stroker, I have new pistons, rings and bearings that I don't want much for..... :)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Need vintage cicra VS for registration purposes, i.e. emissions

If emissions are not an issue, sure, pay to play