Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hermitage VR senator

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just noticed it looks like a white side mirror on that other one too.

H

harrop.senator

Wonder if club sport with optioned interior. Old boys vr maloo is POV pack as and other mates clubbies have been too but I hear that you could get a devonish option and hell his maloo doesn't even have electric mirrors!

I'll leave it up there its probably less confusing then us laughing at it with no photo to go with. But yeah good spotting lol.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah,didn't even notice that until I read posts. Yeah maloos were based on the standard ute so unless you ticked options you didn't get much . Don't think electric mirrors and windows were standard until vs ii . With mine second owner got aftermarket electric windows and I'm guessing fitted electric mirrors as housings weren't color coded when I bought it. But it had upgraded stereo and electric aerial.
The roads must be good over there with the sort of suspension your running. I know mine struggles and you really feel it on crappy roads. Just last weekend went up to a quiet little coastal town and yeah a handful on crappy uneven and patchwork quilt sort of roads.

H

harrop.senator

I live on acreage with some of the worst roads around I just like my cars to stick like **** to a blanket.

I've got a drift / jap car background so comfortable suspension in my opinion is extremely over rated. Being able to throw street cars into normal corners in town at 80-100km/h isn't :D

H

harrop.senator

Mates getting closer to having my transmission finished. I really cbf doing it so I've been ridiculously patient rather then offering to help to hurry it up lol.

I cleaned out the case for him today hes hoping to start piecing it back together this weekend. All the drums are reloaded and clearanced. Done all the drilling for the repgrogram kit and has rebuilt the pump so getting close.

The old

The new

Hopefully this one lasts a little longer then the last. I'll paint it low gloss black 2k and fit a larger vt sump to it should look the goods.

H

harrop.senator

8 months in the making love Jobs are always the slowest.... All back together n ready for paint.

H

harrop.senator

Yeah it'll be a lot faster once I finish this n it sells. Never vinyl wrapping a car again lol.

Bit the bullet n buying the old boys Caprice n flogging the v6 off been saying no I'll just finish the senator for three years now n well I've always loved it lol.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I bet u didn`t bite to hard lol.
Nice Caprice.
Need more pics please

H

harrop.senator

Unknown cam seems 230 @ 050 ish quite lumpy. Big paceys, high flows , twin 2.5 mandrel mild needs a rear muffler badly though way to baity. It's pushing to hard on the stock stall so was detuned a little still idles at 50 once up to speed n drive but hahahahaha. Also has a dicky maf so it's only pushing 347rwhp at the moment. Comes with a 3200 or 3600 stall couldn't remember. Will be going minimum mafless and stall tune and contemplating a speed master cheapo manifold. Has all new shocks bushes and sl kings all round in the correct statesman rates.

Only pics I have atm.

He had a bit of a rage quit has had this couple years does month on week off and has worked on it a lot and hasn't finished it and he's done. He also sold the maloo to my mate were working on it now. He probably racked up 2000kms in the 4 years he owned it lol.