Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heron's VK SL Project

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Updates:

Stripped the front end (suspension, k frame, steering rack etc.), cleaned up the bay and its now in primer ready to be painted white to match the rest of the car. Gave it a wash as well, paint came up pretty good, just needs a good cut and polish once its close to being on the road.

Got a heap of parts - VT brakes (master cylinder, discs and calipers), VT hub adaptors, VS booster, VS fuel tank, new alloy radiator and thermo, VS k frame, VL manual rack and shaft, 4 inch reverse cowl (drunken ebay purchase #1), SuperPro bush kit for the front end including strut tops, B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet shifter (drunken ebay purchase #2), CAE conversion gear (tri-y headers, starter relocation kit, trans x member and mount, engine mounts, fuel pump and regulator, flex plate, new engine harness & computer), TH400 box and converter ordered today, probably other stuff I've forgotten.

Need to get the front suspension pulled apart to get cleaned and painted, new bushes put in and reassembled so I can trial fit the motor and check clearances.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Its coming along mate

4" reverse cowl? should have just kept Ari's bonnet mod lol

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its coming along mate

4" reverse cowl? should have just kept Ari's bonnet mod lol

Hahaha I reluctantly declined to buy the car with that bonnet. It was "unique", to put it mildly

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What was the Ari bonnet mod? Was before my time on here I think haha

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
What was the Ari bonnet mod? Was before my time on here I think haha

If you find Ari's thread on it you'll behold the majesty. In a nutshell, he decided buying a reverse cowl was too easy, so he basically cut the centre of the bonnet and pushed it up to make his own bulge. He then welded sides on it and used 673 kilos of bog to smooth it. I think there's a link to his thread on the first page of this one

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
That bonnet was a fken work of art lol

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I gotta say, I honestly don't mind it.

But its your car Heron, and by the sound of how your doing it, crackpot/drunk ideas with the body work won't be acceptable.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I gotta say, I honestly don't mind it.

But its your car Heron, and by the sound of how your doing it, crackpot/drunk ideas with the body work won't be acceptable.

Dont worry, I'm all about the drunk ideas! hahaha. The bonnet is long gone, when I was in the process of buying it, I had no idea it was Ari's old car. The guy I bought it from said it had a weird home made cowl on it and said he had a spare bonnet he could throw on so I went with the standard bonnet.

Last edited: