Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heron's VK SL Project

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
wonder wtf happened to aris engine and box from the car.

VRnathan is using it. he contacted me a few months back about getting it running. turns out he left the 6al and took everything else, then wondered why it wouldnt start... he was a bit of a 1st year really. hopefully the 6AL is still attached to the firewall :p

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Its got a standard bonnet thats got a bit of surface rust, so i'll either try and clean that up or get another. it was gonna come with the original one, but i wasnt to, uh, keen on the bulge.... anyways here's the bay:

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
looks ready for flushing!!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol im about half way through reading your thread, f**k me you put some work into it!

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
More pics:

My dog Larry giving me the same look most of my friends gave me when i said i was getting a project car:

my other dog Jeff not giving a **** cause he doesnt carre about anything unless he can hump it:

Jeff looking for things to hump:

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well if thats the only rust i have to deal with then i'll be happy. Looks like you did all the hard work lol!

The straight body will make it a bit easier to whack on the formula blue. I'll have a closer look on saturday when i have some free time and some daylight. Also gotta try and get my head around the wiring. looks a bit hacked away as it sits now.

The guy i bought it off had it for a bit over one year, got it as a roller but didnt do anything to it, he paid 1400, i paid 500. not a bad deal.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
dude that bought it off me paid 5k :D

FYI paintwork is done in 2k epoxy etch as a base, then 2k hi-fill, then 2k solid white (2k metallic COB on the bottom). so if you wanna go blue i wouldnt worry about going bare metal. that base should last for a good few years to come. youll be able to just fix any small areas and scuff up with scotchbrite. easy as. i painted that 3 years ago and going by the mould growing on the boot trim, it looks like its been outside, so its proven itself as a solid base. that makes me happy.

just out of curiousity, can you see any break-outs at all? around the rear window especially top and bottom. i remember the windscreen scuttle panel was immac. 100% rust free, but that got buzzed back and epoxy etched too.

repairing that front door rust will mean you need to cook the outer skin, so thatll have to go back to metal, but i cant think of any other problem areas. it should all be taken care of.

the wiring was fked when i got it and didnt improve. honestly, id consider finding a full loom with a non-melted fuserail and replacing the whole lot. itll save you tonnes of headaches.

mate, im actually really happy you scored this! its nice to see it again. we spent a lot of time together.