Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hesitant Ls3

King Brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV Series2 6.2 Sportswagon
New Auto Sportswagon with 1200 ks on the clock ….

In retrospect, I 'foolishly' mothered it a bit during the 1st 1000 ks - manual says "moderate acceleration in low gears" or something to that tune.
I was born with 'light feet' and guess my idea of 'moderate acceleration' is less than others, anyways ….
When leaving work carpark I have always idled for approx. 20 seconds and allowed engine to warm, before exiting onto 80 kph road.
When LIGHTLY accelerating through 4th gear there is a persistent hesitation for a good many metres ( like a minor shudder ) that has me backing off / not accelerating further …. this takes me into a 60 zone.
Other start up situations /locations do not seem to replicate same demands upon engine.
Also, engine has stuttered a couple of times in general acceleration through roundabouts etc.
Will this settle through use; should I load my boot with some wheel weights ?

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Could be part of the sitting for over a year on the lot. I'd give it a good thrasing get it hot and a good tank of fuel.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
get it hot and a good tank of fuel.

I’d look at changing fuel filter as well, the old factory fuel may have had water etc in it for sitting for so long.

Your first port of call is Holden though. Document your issues and let them deal with it under warranty

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Go out and give it a good old thrash make sure you have some good 98 octane in the tank

King Brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV Series2 6.2 Sportswagon
I’d look at changing fuel filter as well, the old factory fuel may have had water etc in it for sitting for so long.

Your first port of call is Holden though. Document your issues and let them deal with it under warranty

Yes, it sat on the dealers lot for bang on 12 months ....
Car is booked in for 1 month Complimentary service and oil/ filer change next Monday, I will log faultering on acceleration issue with dealer.

P.S. one benefit of purchasing vehicle late 2018, is car qualified for 5 year factory warranty.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
P.S. one benefit of purchasing vehicle late 2018, is car qualified for 5 year factory warranty.
If you bought in late 2015 you’d get 5 year warranty and free comp insurance thrown in. If you bought in parts of 2016 there was again a 5 year warranty. And in late 2017 they offered a 7 year warranty. I think at one time they even had free service during warranty period thrown in... Standard 3 years warranty between these factory offers.

So Holden’s warranty was all over the place and a slap in the face of those who bought between these factory offers, especially if they paid full price for their cars getting just a 3 year warranty.

Probably a ploy to maintain price and avoid discounting but it comes across as Holden having a wavering faith in the quality of their products... SSDD...

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yep June 2016 build, only three years.

Means the mods will definitely happen soon though, financial adviser permitting.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
If you bought in late 2015 you’d get 5 year warranty and free comp insurance thrown in. If you bought in parts of 2016 there was again a 5 year warranty. And in late 2017 they offered a 7 year warranty. I think at one time they even had free service during warranty period thrown in... Standard 3 years warranty between these factory offers.

So Holden’s warranty was all over the place and a slap in the face of those who bought between these factory offers, especially if they paid full price for their cars getting just a 3 year warranty.

Probably a ploy to maintain price and avoid discounting but it comes across as Holden having a wavering faith in the quality of their products... SSDD...
yep Jan 16 build SS purchased in feb 16 5 yr warranty

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
May 14 Build, 3 years free servicing & 5 year warranty, purchased in September 14