Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey guys desperately need lowering advice for my vt??? :)

tripleeight888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 S PACK 3.8 M5
Hey everyone i have a vt series 1 s pack 5 speed manual and it currently is standard height but sitting on 18 inch rims with 245 tread i just want to lower it as much as possible without having to go into rolling the guards or camber kits or anything i just want it to sit nice and level. So yea im thinking super low but unsure if the will be low enough or will it cause dramas ? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated ! :) thanks guys

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You can only go as low as the law allows. Talk to a suspension shop. Get a feel for the real height, we could tell you to go SSL, but it would be wrong and then you would get shitty.

Also, being a VT you're going to get excessive negative camber any time you alter the geometry.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Simple fact, the lower you go the more issues you will have with the law and the ground.

Go to a good suspension place, ask their opinion, it also depends where you live - given the road quality in my town an upgrade to something like Sabbath's display pic might be warranted :p

You should be able to go a little lower without *too* many issues I would think, but as mentioned you will get worse tyre wear the lower it goes until you have more positive camber then Jeremy Clarkson... Personally I don't like lowering cars for looks sake, I would asking them how it might effect performance such as cornering and so forth.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Hey mate im running 19's with 245/35's and only had a few small clearance issues with the rear guards

I'd recommend superlows all round with shortened shocks... cops arent going to hassle you and its far less hassle with ground clearance

I got mine of GSL rallysport and installed it myself for about $800 with a 4 point camber kit

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Sl front and ssl rear will have it sitting level, you shouldn't have to roll your gaurds either.

Have a look in the rides section, you should be able to find a car with those springs to assess for yourself.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sl front and ssl rear will have it sitting level, you shouldn't have to roll your gaurds either.

Have a look in the rides section, you should be able to find a car with those springs to assess for yourself.

Agree that he should have a look in the My Ride section to see other cars with similar setups.

Things to keep in mind:

1. Utes have different wheel arces on the back compared to sedans. Therefore just because it works on a ute doesn't mean it will work on a sedan.
2. Wheel offsets vary. 245 on one 18 might work while on another it will scrum like a mofo.

The only way to get a definate answer on this is IF someone on here has the same car, same wheels, same suspenstion and same tyres. Safe to say this will be unlikely and therefore the best option it so try and find someone with the springs you want and see if they will be nice enough to lend them to you for a test fit.

Cheers,

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T

i have superlows front and rear and the front sits higher than the rear.... i've heard ssl front and sl rears will have it level although i wouldnt like the clearances on the front as one of mine grabbed the guard going into a drive way

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
i have superlows front and rear and the front sits higher than the rear.... i've heard ssl front and sl rears will have it level although i wouldnt like the clearances on the front as one of mine grabbed the guard going into a drive way

The rear gaurds are lower than the front, that's probley why it looks lower.