Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey guys need a bit of advice about tyres

Chazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden ve commodore
Hey so I am wanting to swap my rims and tyres as they are just ruining my guards as well as my strut bushes am front end, I have someone wanting to swap some Vz rims for mine but after asking what my mate thinks, he reckons the rims the guy is wanting to swap won’t fit my ve as the centre on the ve’s are bigger but going of both pics they look pretty much the same size heeelllppp me out here plz

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
If you want to fit VE wheels on to a VT to VZ the hub in the VE rim needs to be machined out. So in the reverse case as yours VZ wheels on to a VE the centre hole for the hub is larger than it should be. I would think if legal you probably should fit a hub ring to fill the space and centre the wheel on to the hub. Also the VE wheel stud sizes are larger (I think 14mm as opposed to 12mm for VT to VZ) so if the VZ wheels you have are factory I'd say you may even find the studs on your VE are too big for the VZ rim. If those rims aren't factory who knows if the stud hole are correct. I think you would need to trial fit and see if it bolts up OK. Personally if you"re not 100% sure I'd suggest you get the wheels changed at a tyre place and for them to advise you on the pros and cons. Also from having had a VX and a VE, the VE tyre sizes and load ratings are different to the VE so you may even find the tyres aren't suited to the VE. Again tyre shop recommendation would be best.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What rim & tyre combo do you have now ?

I wouldn't entertain the proposed swap.....too many issues to deal with.

Far better swapping for another type of VE rim.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
They wont be a straight fit as VE hubs are 2.6mm smaller than the previous Commodores.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I wouldn't, due to them basically not fitting. As earlier pos t ^^

Why are your current ones damaging your guards and stuff ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Pretty sure the VE has bigger studs than the VZ, so I doubt the VZ wheels would fit just because of that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VZ studs are 12X1.5, where VE are 14X1.5

If the rims are hitting your guards, the offset is obviously wrong.

Ruining strut bushes....Doubt the rims would be doing that....You either have other issues (which I can't think of), or you're hitting those concrete barriers in shopping center carparks reguarly.