Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey guys! XForce exhaust 3" catsback for VE?? Confused :S

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I have a 2.5 Xforce on the ute and it's a manual, so drone if any is not a hassle as far as i can tell for me.

In all honesty, i wanted to go for the Bigger brands such as KPM and the like but the coin was not there.

So i went Xforce, and i will say it's been on for about 18 months now and i cannot fault it in any way, sounds good, fits well, and for a 2.5 it's not to bad.

I know some people here have had issues with them, but i can only talk from my experience with this one which has been good.

If i had another crack at an exhaust anytime soon, 3 inch would be high on the list though.

Cheers.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I have a 2.5 inch xforce cat back on my 2007 SSV manual. It drones a little at highway speeds (110-120) but it doesnt bother me too much as the sound is awesome when giving it a squirt. It even crackles as pops on overrun when slowing down. It is a cheaper option but considering other brands can be three or four times the price, its definatey an improvement over stock. Any aftermarket exhaust will drone if you dont have the AFM system disabled. I paid $700 fitted for the xforce... if money is a problem (it is with me) I'd suggest spending about 2k and getting an xforce cat back, OTR and a tune (to disable the AFM and get the trans done) and it'll be like driving a new car.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Some people think xforce is ****, some people think they are fine for the price , & some people have to justify the
ridiculous amount of $$$$ they paid for a cat-back by bagging xforce at every opportunity
I have a Calais V with a Harrop Intake, 2 1/2 Xforce cat-back & a tune and it sounds great.
It had been fitted to the car by the previous owner & if it sounded crap i would change it, but it doesnt.
My mate reckons it sounds better than his 3" cat back system in a manual.
If you want a louder system, then go the 3".

And some people say the X force is best to try and justify not being able to afford a decent system.

I agree that some people like them and some don't, I don't. I recently removed an X Force from a VZ Clubsport and fitted a Manta because the guy hated the X Force (it was on it when he bought it). He spent $2K because he really didn't like the X Force. I also replaced the X Force 4-1 extractors with proper tuned length Hurricanes.

On the VE I would go a Manta for sure, deeper and more refined than X Force. No drone (except AFM, but everything drones with AFM). If you wanted to come down to Bunbury I can fit it for you.

Twin 2 1/2" $1200 fitted.
Twin 3" $1460 fitted. *EDIT Sorry, the first price I had was stainless.

If yoiu wanted to fit it yourself, take $80 off each price.

Last edited:

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
And some people say the X force is best to try and justify not being able to afford a decent system.

I agree that some people like them and some don't, I don't. I recently removed an X Force from a VZ Clubsport and fitted a Manta because the guy hated the X Force (it was on it when he bought it). He spent $2K because he really didn't like the X Force. I also replaced the X Force 4-1 extractors with proper tuned length Hurricanes.

On the VE I would go a Manta for sure, deeper and more refined than X Force. No drone (except AFM, but everything drones with AFM). If you wanted to come down to Bunbury I can fit it for you.

Twin 2 1/2" $1200 fitted.
Twin 3" $2100 fitted.

If yoiu wanted to fit it yourself, take $80 off each price.

Hahahaha......
$900 extra for 1/2 inch diameter...NO THANKS !!!!!

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Hey NAAF.. What about shipped to QLD? And how do the manta's go with the pacemaker tuned length extractors?

LILMISS6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
6L VE Calais
Thanks guys for all your input I suppose it's all a personal opinion hey! I'll see how I go think I'm gonna go with the 3" Another thing my diff doesn't kick LS isn't that a bit strange for not only a VE but a V8? I was a bit disappointed so I'm gonna have to get onto that :( does any one know what the go is with it being a single pegger It shredds one tyre extremely well but idk:/ kinda strange ??

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon
Thanks guys for all your input I suppose it's all a personal opinion hey! I'll see how I go think I'm gonna go with the 3" Another thing my diff doesn't kick LS isn't that a bit strange for not only a VE but a V8? I was a bit disappointed so I'm gonna have to get onto that :( does any one know what the go is with it being a single pegger It shredds one tyre extremely well but idk:/ kinda strange ??

Pretty sure LSD was only a option on the calais it didn't come standard. I had to get one fitted to mine after I bought it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hahahaha......
$900 extra for 1/2 inch diameter...NO THANKS !!!!!

Sorry, I had the stainless price there, you saying that made me go back and double check it. Original post edited with the correct price.

Hey NAAF.. What about shipped to QLD? And how do the manta's go with the pacemaker tuned length extractors?

No worries at all, the system will still bolt up. The drama is the cats. The rear of the cats stay in the same position, it's the front of the cats that make a difference between extractors. Manta make bolt on cats to suit a few different extractors, but the cat back part remains the same.

Take $25 off for a shipped price.