Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey has anyone dealt with a aftermarket memcal before - Vt Commodore S2

BIG-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt S2 S String Red

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
It's a piece of crap, 1000's of threads on these memcals.
What mods have you done to your car?
I have a Greenfoam chip that I no longer have use for, happy to sell it for a decent price, send me a PM after you do some research on greenfoams tunes.

P.s. I will need to know what/if you have anything done to your engine.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Car= Vt commodore s Auto S2

Hey i was just looking at these aftermarket memcal do they actually do what they say or are they fake and what is the diff between

1= VT V6 Auto Performance Aftermarket Memcal S 4 Plug IN | eBay

2= Holden Commodore VT A V6 Stage 4 Performance Chip | eBay

and what is Stage 4??

Cheers

Hope you enjoy picking bits of engine up off the side of the road, because thats what your gonna get if you run a TRX100 chip. (trust me I have seen what these chips do in person)

Get a tune by a reputable tuner, last person I saw running a TRX tune was pinging and leaning out heavily.

You get what you pay for, a good tune will cost u anywhere from $400 onwards.

And "stage 4" in tuning terms doesn't exist, it's just marketing bullshit to make P platers think it's hektic and buy their ****.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Stage "X" is just wank factor, a true stage *cough* "4" tune would require heavy mods to an engine (head work, exhaust, cam and higher compression ratio +more) if you were spending the money for that sort of work you certainly wouldn't be throwing in a $20 fleebay memcal.
We can blame the cam shaft manufacturers for this when they decided numbering was easier for the masses instead of stock, mild, wild, race etc... simply a tune is not going to make the difference on a stock engine.

Find a tuner on here with a good name (few around), converse with them on mods you have done and you'll be up much happier.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Mighty car mods tested one of these similar so called performance chips and as stated above its just a piece of rubbish that does nothing...what would you expect for under $40 bucks?..Need ALOT more than a chip upgrade on a v6 to make it go harder...save ur money m8..

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Mighty car mods tested one of these similar so called performance chips and as stated above its just a piece of rubbish that does nothing...what would you expect for under $40 bucks?..Need ALOT more than a chip upgrade on a v6 to make it go harder...save ur money m8..

lol, some of the **** i've seen those guys do i wouldn't advise anyone to do (and they were serious parts of their shows)
Pretty sure what you're referring to is the magical "chip" that isn't a chip/memcal but a simple resistor that is wired inline with a sensor to skew the values and make the computer think something else, totally different to what the op posted.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
lol, some of the **** i've seen those guys do i wouldn't advise anyone to do (and they were serious parts of their shows)
Pretty sure what you're referring to is the magical "chip" that isn't a chip/memcal but a simple resistor that is wired inline with a sensor to skew the values and make the computer think something else, totally different to what the op posted.
No worries, couldnt remember what type it was but its STILL a waste of time and money using a cheap azz chip on the V6