Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hey much does the trans hold?

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
bangers said:
i just consulted my manual and it says about 5litres of dexron llD. Seems abit i know. but then the diff takes about 2 1/2 litres.

The diff holds 1.7 lts of limslip 90..

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
If you put 5ltrs of trans oil in you will over fill it by about 2 ltrs you gotta remember that is including the torque converter as well, when you do a trans service you in general only drop the amount of oil in the pan and that is about 2.5ltrs the converter holds the rest and wont drain unles you take out the box and converter and empty it which cant be done in the car unless you crank it dry which is not reckomended ok..

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
many auto trans problems are caused by the fluid level being too high, its always the first thing that should be checked for any problem

its not unknown for the wrong auto trans dipstick to be fitted in the shop either, giving a false reading

with some engine dipsticks, the retaining stop part can fall off, resulting in the distick going in too far, the resulting false reading has caused severe engine damage in 1 case I know of

Ngapuhii

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt Commodore v6 superchaged
gearbox

strating off in 2nd on my vl feels like its slipping start off in first and drive pikups good any ideas