Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey VT alarm question

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hey im new. im driving a vt executive sedan, 1998 model but ive been reading tons of stories of burnt out and stolen commodores, its quite distressing, i dont really know much about alarms but does the VT have the immoboliser thing in the factory alarm by any chance?

thanks in advance, just need to work out wether i need to get a good quality alarm at rego time!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They VT has an immobiliser anyway, without the alarm. Whenever that little red security light on the dash is blinking the immobiliser is on. You can't start it without the right key. When you take the key out of the ignition, after about 30 seconds the immobiliser turns on, even if you don't lock the car.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
for extra security get an upgrade alarm
most car audio shops do them
cyclops is a good brand aprox $369 fitted from strathfields/autoban/and other shops (i wold pass on autoban though)
adds extra imob batt/backup siren indicator flashes all the bells and whistles

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
some models do come with a basic holden alarm system, but even that is still crap.

as daron said, get an upgraded alarm system, since then u will still be able to keep the orginal keypad, and not have to have an extra pad.

i got qouted $450 from a guy at work that we use but thats including protection of my wheels and stuff.

i would be careful with strathfield autobarn and those cheap shops, sometimes they can be a good cheap product but will also do a cheap crap install for a big price

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hey thanks alot dudes, ima get it done at rego time