Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HG Holden

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Ah ok. Would have thought LPP is a later issue than 1971. My 69 HB had AGE ### plates and 78 UC had JUV ### plates. But no matter, nice old girl either way.

-1 to the 350. that rocker cover looks like the day it rolled off the floor! leave it!!!

Moot point now as it's staying a 186, but it's not the original engine so value doesn't come into it, hang that rocker cover on the shed wall and v8 it :D

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
My old man had an ht prem that was klk, and his hg prem is also in the k era, and then just a thought, I'm not from nsw!
I still think it needs a chev in there, eventually, give the 186 a good innings first.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I cant confirm 100% that the LPP plates are the originals, dad thought they were but he was only going off the original owner so i guess they could have come from somewhere else you never know.

I dont think i will ever put a v8 into it, i like it the way it is i dont really need power for cruising. its only the sound that im missing out on!
I did keep the 161 so if i ever decide to do a full resto i can to numbers matching and all that but thats along way down the track if ever.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I cant confirm 100% that the LPP plates are the originals, dad thought they were but he was only going off the original owner so i guess they could have come from somewhere else you never know.

I dont think i will ever put a v8 into it, i like it the way it is i dont really need power for cruising. its only the sound that im missing out on!
I did keep the 161 so if i ever decide to do a full resto i can to numbers matching and all that but thats along way down the track if ever.

Well then, cam and 3>1 headers and twin 2 inch pipes will make it sound damn awesome, I won't lie, I miss my old 202

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
my old HG belmont wagon was KVR-355

is the 355 just a co-incidence?

Well then, cam and 3>1 headers and twin 2 inch pipes will make it sound damn awesome, I won't lie, I miss my old 202

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Ill be doing the exhaust up as when i have some spare cash, i dont think ill go too crazy, just a nice 2 1/4 single with a hot dog and std manifold should sound ok. I know its boring and lame but im not modifying this car too much! The current exhaust has slowly warped itself towards the tailshaft, its all over the shop and it hits the on the rear uni under the right conditions.
Theres a really mild cam in there now, i dont know the secs but it has a nice idle.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Pulled the dash out, the plastic odo drive is playing up making the needle jump so im getting that fixed soon:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Just look at that stripped-down instrument panel. How very simple were the pre-Commodore Holdens? I recall pulling the panels apart to rebuild them using gauges from different vehicles and even pulling gauges and light switches apart to repair corroded terminals, then re-assembling them. Almost everything back then was repairable and was available as individual spare parts. Even things like tail-lights came as a separate (die-cast) body, each coloured lens was separate and small metal inserts divided the compartments within the lamps.