Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hhmm...turbo or not...

V

VL86Berlina

Hey guys wonderin if i should go turbo,

Is it possible to have a turbo on gas, and how much would it cost for a brand spanka stock rb30??
the help would be appreciated, thanx

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
it is possible to have it running on gas but id recomend staright gas rtather than dual fuela s when running on one type u can have it properly tunned for it

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Brand spanking new stock rb30? As in a rebuilt one.. Your looking at anywhere from 1800-3000 wherever you go.. I paid around 2500 for mine.

That’s just the engine though, remember you will need a lot of things on top of that if your going to convert. Forget about the price I said above and it usually costs around 1500-2000 to convert, that’s all the turbo parts you need.

Although, that price above does not include gearbox, n/a gearboxes (read: n/a auto gearboxes) will die with the extra power running through them. n/a brakes will not be sufficient anymore, n/a diff will not hold up with constant abuse.

Theres a lot to think about, and in most cases its probably cheaper to purchase a turbo vlt or vlt calais straight up.

Anymore questions don't hesitate.

As far as Gas goes, yes it can be done, although I've heard rumours about the place that used to do it shutting up or no longer doing the high performance stuff. I can't think of their name. Go straight gas, and get it tuned, higher octane is good.