Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi all, im from the UK and this is my 2001 HSV GTS-UK

kamylion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTS-UK
Its #25 out of 31 shipped to us of that model, a GTS here is the Clubsport R8 to you lot in Australia and our GTS-R is your GTS...............i think thats right.

Im proud of owning this car although the rear camber issue with the tyres and the 15 mpg (18.8 litre/100km) is a pain here.

I was told by the car dealer it had some factory upgrades giving it 400bhp (298.28kw),

I think its 0-60 feels the same as or maybe slightly slower than my 1991 nissan 200sx s13 1.8t which i have tuned to 320bhp (238.62kw) but when the HSV gets into 3rd,4th and 5th it really comes into its own. And 6th is bliss on the motorway :D

SDC10235.jpg

SDC10241.jpg

SDC10245.jpg

SDC10237.jpg

Im allways looking online at the awesome cruising scene in Australia as it looks huge, all we really get here is kids in hatchbacks with their big fart cans and sub woofers :cry: ....its just bang bang bang noise... give me my V8 any day :yeah:

If anyone wants to see my 200sx click here Nissan SX Owners Club

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
thats a really nice ride you got there mate:thumbsup: and dont feel to bad we got kids with shitty cars with fart cans here also:bang:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
You should get someone to send you the camber rectifier kit. although is only usually a problem when its lowered.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You must get some looks! I'm sure there pretty rare over there!

Beautiful car mate!

Cheers
MaT

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Hey,

Glad that you like it.

Despite their common-ness down here, they still turn heads when they drive past.

I can't imagine their head turning power where you are when there is only 31 of them - possibly neck breaking?

Nice ride. Enjoy it.

remember_me

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sedan
great car mate, i was over in the uk not that long ago and didnt see any decent cars, a ford mondeo was classed as a "big" car lol hate 2 see what people class the r8 as lol

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
nice car mate, what exhaust is on it, stock or have you changed it? a 2.5" twin with straight through mufflers will make everyone break their neck. as for the camber, you can get camber kits here from just about any suspension or tyre retailer, im sure someone will be able to send one to you. as for 18lt/100 sounds a bit high? im assuming your doing crappy short driving or have a lead foot :D

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
Geez . . Not every day you see a tough commodore in the U.K now . . Looks bloody good mate!!!

saundyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina
hahaha no smart cars here mate