Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi eveyone - I'm new

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Hi Everyone

I bought a stock standard 2005 VZ Executive wagon about three weeks ago, with 94000 km on the clock. Not one issue that I can find, in fact I really love this car! Look forward to checking in from time to time when I have an issue or something helpful to contribute.

All the best,
Blake from Brisbane.

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys for the welcome.

Very much stoked with Silverbird. There was a vibration at about 100kph, which turned out to be all 4 wheels out of balance. Only other thing it did which is almost not worth mentioning - I parked on an uphill slope and got a 'very low fuel' warning. This went away once I got off the slope and cycled the ignition.

I'm a pretty calm driver - I must have got a good one because the transmission is smooth as silk, no harshness or clunking as reported by some. As for power, well I've owned VN/S/X/Y's (almost 10 years ago so they were new) and I find it smooth and quiet by comparison. In fact I was looking for a VY when I found this. Having said that I love the Ecotec pickup, and would have settled happily on one had I not found this first.

My first Commodore was a VK, had three of those in my early driving days - my wife's first car was a VH sedan with the Starfire 4 - great little car it was! Dad had Commodores as well, a 4.2 VH wagon new in 1982, 5.0 VK wagon in 1984, 5.0 VN Wagon in 1990, VN/VP/VS and VSII wagons (until he passed away in 2000). Plenty of Holden heritage in the family with grandad driving a HD special for many years.

One of my earliest Commodore memories was the "THIS IS IT" TV ads in 1978 when Commodore was first released as a replacement for the Kingswood. We made a special trip to Redcliffe to see one in the flesh...WOW.

Anyway look forward to talking to you all over time.

Happy and safe motoring.
Blake

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
My VZ does the same with the fuel, stopped today at traffic lights for a while on an uphill slope, fuel needle went down and said 40kms to empty. Drove off and after a bit on a level road its up to 200km to empty.........

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Isn't that interesting. I wonder if the floats stick or the variable resistor gets worn and has dead spots. Ah well as long as you don't smell fuel or see it trailing down the road behind you I guess everything is fine!

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Yeah its a bit of a pain, mind you I think most cars aren't that reliable at the lower end of the gauge?

Anyone else have the same thing in their VZ??

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
All vz have fuel gauge issue even mine, its a pain in the ass, some are worse than others

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
i find i have a 50L fuel gauge on a 75L tank......

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hi Blake from Brisbane!

My name is Tas and I'm a Sex Addict!

Wait, wrong thread again! I did that last introduction also. Bugger.

It's not an issue, it's pretty much standard in all cars. The fuel gauge floats and moves so naturally if the fuel is at the back and the sender is in the middle, it will show lower if parked for a period on an incline. Heck, my Prado and Berlina showing damn near full tank when I head down the mountain in the morning and have shitting bricks as it shows empty climbing back up the mountain in the evening. My Ford Ka? well... over hill and over dale, my fuel tank gauge will always fail!

holdenvtman1123.... your from Broken Hill, what did you expect? Some to work on time or work to capacity? lol