Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi, first post. I'm trying to identify a wheel.

VRtoVStoVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
First off, I've had Google send me here plenty of times for all kinds of questions relating to my cars and I've always found an easy to follow text or video guide showing someone who's not too great with cars like me exactly what I needed to do to fix the problem I was having.

Just searching previous posts, people have diagnosed the exact problems that I was having with my car like "engine makes ticking noises when cold" (it was an oil problem from memory), how to replace an electric mirror, when my electric windows didn't work all the time, I managed to save some money by removing the control module and cleaning the terminals (or cleaning something anyway) instead of buying a brand new module. And the list goes on.

Almost every little thing I've been able to fix by myself over the years I did with the help of this forum, so I wanted to firstly say thanks a lot for having such a great, knowledgeable community here - so cheers for being so helpful to me over the years.

Now, for the reason I made this post, I'm trying to ID a wheel that is currently on my VX (I know, if I had more money believe me I'd have something much, much nicer) I've added a picture of the wheel to the media section here:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/media/wheel-id.629/

Does anyone know anything about it? I swapped 3 good 17" low profile mags for 5 of these, since I cracked one of my mags when a tyre burst and my spare was 15 inches, not 17 like the 3 others I had. Driving with 3 17's and a 15 ruined my ABS/Cruise Control module for some reason, and I was later told how dangerous it was - so since I was really short on cash and as a straight swap, 3 17" wheels for 5 15" wheels, it suited me perfectly at the time.

They came from a VN, but I don't know if they were the original wheels for it.

I've been looking on Google Images for the last hour or so and can't find any wheels that look remotely like this, then I thought that perhaps whilst I continue looking, I could post on here to see if anyone has seen them before or knows anything about them. I'd like to know since I'm selling my car and I want to be as specific as possible with the description.

VRtoVStoVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Wow you guys really know your stuff. Thank you both :)