Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi guys, have header questions.

Johnnytheaussie123

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Have an LS1 WK Statesman and I really need to wake it up a bit.
Just wondering whether there would any real difference going for a 4 into 2 into 1 headers or should I get 4 into 1's. I can get these for $250 (trying to keep the wife happy and not spend much). Should I spend more and get pacemakers or DiFilipo's?
The car will be mafless tuned and I have a twin 2.5" redback exhaust with 100 cell cats to go on it.

Attachments

• IMG_4568.PNG
    IMG_4568.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 144

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Doubt there will be a huge difference with just a tune, If you want to go cheap second hand ones then go ahead. If you are gonna chase big power one day then 4 into 1s are better.
Get the cheap ones and if you aren't happy get some new ones :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Doubt headers are really going to do much as the factory ones aren't terrible. If you insist though your better off at least going 2nd hand.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have an LS1 WK Statesman and I really need to wake it up a bit.
Just wondering whether there would any real difference going for a 4 into 2 into 1 headers or should I get 4 into 1's. I can get these for $250 (trying to keep the wife happy and not spend much). Should I spend more and get pacemakers or DiFilipo's?
The car will be mafless tuned and I have a twin 2.5" redback exhaust with 100 cell cats to go on it.
They'll do fine, especially mated to the 100 cell cats.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I got a set of vy series 2 hsv headers, the ones on the 298kw cars Got them ceramic coated at ceramic coat australia before installing them which is a division of pacemaker and they made a noticeable difference in power and noise, the guy doing them was impressed with them and thought they flowed really good. You can still find them floating around occasionally but they are getting harder to source, if you want max performance then DiFilipo's would be my recommendation but they are pricey.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The tune makes a huge difference with headers. Even the short HSV ones. Not a good as long primary 4-1's but better than the stock manifolds.

The difference between 4-2-1's and 4-1's is negligible up to 3500 - 4000 rpm and then the 4-1's still keep pulling where as the 4-2-1's will start getting restrictive. Despite what some people might say all the "theory", the real world says otherwise. On a street car it makes bugger all difference anyway which ones you get but long tube 4-1's sound way better.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Mine aren't short, they look like a typical 4-1 aftermarket header.