Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi output alternator for vy v6

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
a 95 amp alternator is way more than enough for your needs.... just cos you put a bigger alternator in doesnt mean its going to charge the battery any quicker.... maybe if you warmed your car up for 5 minutes every morning before you drove it, it would give the battery a bit of time to recharge... batteries take about 15 minutes to get back to the same state of charge that they were on before you started your car.

or the easier option would be to not drive with your music cranked every morning....

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
my altinator packet it in a few weeks ago, the cars done almost 100000kms. if yours is near that mark, and is the original altinator, buy a new one.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey reaper
u havin a bad day or just a wanker
last i read this section was for car audio so if all you want to do is boast about your v8 then maybe you should F**K OFF and let people that have something usful to say post

By the way - I didn't mention any V8. Learn some manners mate.

Reaper

TANKA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII S-PACK N/A V6
sorry reaper the pic looks like a v8 it was the post about the v6 been powerful enough to turn the alternator, ofcourse it is it wasn't needed and wasn't helpful

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
sorry reaper the pic looks like a v8 it was the post about the v6 been powerful enough to turn the alternator, ofcourse it is it wasn't needed and wasn't helpful

Uhhh I was replying to the stig (which is why I quoted him) and said that the 6 should be powerful enough to turn the alternator. Perhaps thinking about what you are posting before you go off the deep end might be in order.

Reaper

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR