Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I use postimage.org. no accounts or any bullshit just photo hosting.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Any updates on this mate?

yeah sorry guys. since photobucket fkd its user base over i haven't done any updates. also i injured my shoulder since the last update as well. been doing physio for the last 3 months on it. because im working on the car by myself ive had to put it on hold. im at a point now where i cant manhandle and crane the engine and trans into place by myself or ill risk further injury. cant seem to get anyone to come around and give me a hand. everyone is always busy. so thats were its at, basically no change since the last update.

trans and engine are bolted together. i need to hook up the fuel system. install engine loom onto engine (with coil packs). fit steering rack boot heat shields. mount ecu under the dash. hook up the starter motor and battery main power wires. ill probably have to fit the high and low pressure power steering lines to the rack before the engine gets dropped in place due to space accessibility. ive been told theres a place i need to bash for clearence on the trans tunnel, ill find out when it goes in. need to find a place to mount the charcoal canister (most likely behind the bumper bar). once the engine and trans are in their final arrangement and fully tightened down ill need to measure the length between the trans and center bearing to have the drive shaft modified. also ive bought an fg falcon single fan to replace the twin fan vx setup i was going to try and make work. so ill have to trim plastic and mod mounts to get that happening. shouldn't be too hard. it will be easier because i wont have mess with any special wiring, just positive and neg easy peezy. so once i have a drive shaft fitted its just a matter of triple checking all connections, fuel and coolant plumbing, fill all fluids both engine and trans and try and fire it up. once its running i can finish up connecting and bleeding the brakes. still a whole sht load to do.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Sounds like we need a afternoon pissup invite.

Even if its in the new year - so your shoulder can get the chance it needs to heal.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'll be in that! Bugger about your shoulder mate.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Awesome stuff guys !

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like we need a afternoon pissup invite.

Even if its in the new year - so your shoulder can get the chance it needs to heal.

I'll be in that! Bugger about your shoulder mate.

@Sandman and I are keen to give a hand. Would be good to finally meet some of you guys too.

Awesome stuff guys !

thanks for the support guys. yeah maybe we can link up at my place after the new year, have a bbq and mess around on it a little. would be good to have a guys afternoon, little morale booster. im always up to help out on paint stuff too if you guys need anything.

yeah the shoulder thing wasn't bad enough to need surgery or anything but the cycle of inflammation and repair takes a long time (adhesive capsulitis aka frozen shoulder with bursitis). prepping and painting cars has been super painful over these past months but its either that or stop working. just had to power through it. had a cortisone shot for the inflammation few months back to fix the bursitis. i think im in the thawing stage now. hopefully the Christmas break will be that extra it needs to recover sooner.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I can probably help for a day over xmas break if you need a hand.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can probably help for a day over xmas break if you need a hand.

that would be sweet thanks man, im back on jan 2 though. kicking back in ocean grove for a week.