Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Looks awsome cant wait for more pics.

that is looking absolutely awesome.

keep up the good work
and kepe us updated =P

thanks for the good words. ill keep the pics coming.

i forgot to take a pic of the paint but i used mipa base and c75 clear with the ms25 hardner. i havent used mipa in a couple years. last time i used the c77+ clear and i liked it better, but the rep talked me out of it said its a bit fiddly to get right. i ended up using 3 coats of clear cause it was like piss. the c75 didnt have the body i really wanted. so i shut off the ovens burner and let to go to 21 degrees (outside temp) and sprayed to last coat with no reducer, turned up the air pressure and bombed it on like a HS clear. used my trusty iwata WB1 water base gun for the base and clear.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I bet you cant wait to un wrap and put it back all the parts back on :)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i wish. ive still got the 2 bars, 6 molds, and wheel arch spats to paint. then its assemble time... after looking at this car for the last 3 years with dull acrylic and old touch up work peeling, it seems weird to look at it with fresh paint. i almost dont feel like its mine...

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
glass is back in and door trims reassembled. cars a little dusty from sitting but i flow coated the bonnet today painted the moulds and blacked out the front and back bars.... that should finish it. ill finish putting it together this week and give it a wash...

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
drove it home today. man its glowing.... just gotta put on the door moulds on now and get the rest of the chrome happening. can see the neighbours vz calais in the reflection now.

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
F#ck Yes.....Thats looking awesome, shes coming together well.....

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you. its been a labour of love. ive still got some adjustments to do. the front bar is a little off still from the accident. ive gotta pull it at the driver side bar slider bracket. its still in a little. ive got to do the mechanicals now. thinking of pulling the engine out and doing the rear main seal and the sump gasket.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
any updates mate?

not really. the christmas day storms have me working till 7pm every night and weekends. ive got my friends mazda millenia (2001) rubbed and ready for a respray. then i have to start a gen 4 supra bare metal respray... yikes... i gave the calais a hand wax and its in the driveway collecting rain. im hanging out to get it finished.....

oh also i bout this 10mm chrome moulding for the bumper bars. thought it was 3m double side tape backed, it wasnt. woke up the next day and the chrome strips were on the ground.... i have to find some thats at least 3.1 meters long, the length of the back bar.