Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hicompvn's 1990 ser 1 vn exec V6- W/ VS ECOTEC Engine

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
Hey Guys how are we all, hope were all good, been on here for a while and havn't really said hi and introduced my self to everyone, so here goes...

lol

my names matt, live in melbourne, 25, love driving, (don't we all).

keen for a been and a good ol car chat anytime.!!!

i can't be bothered typing all my car info again atm, but i will come back and edit it later.
Just typed it all up for my you tube vid for you guys instead of pictures, so you can actually see my ride.

any advice, knowledge, help, direction you guys feel you could help me out with is welcome, just to be known i don't tolerate tossers, and negative advice(if not welcome) of course, if you understand what i'm getting at.

i'm not a rude prick, just sick of the way the world is becomeing!!!! and i tell it how it is and how i see it.

hope i havn't made any enimies already with that, but not ment to.

anyway here is the link to my Car Vid:-

YouTube - HICOMPVN'S 1990 VN Commodore Exec Sedan V6 With A VS Ecotec Engine!!!

I will be posting up another reallly clear and easy and simple explination/instructions on how to install the VS ecotec motor into a VN/VP commodore No problems, start first time!!!! but that will take some time and have been working on it!, i will be adding pics n all maybe even a You tube Video for others around the world to see, and also To all thos wreckers, engine people, and HOLDEN who said it cannot be done, well to my knowledge i'm about the 3rd on here to do it, so come one VN-VP guys Get a VS ecotec Up YA!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::w00t:

Hope you guys like my ride!!!

Car Description:-
1990 VN Commodore Exec Sedan V6 Series 1. 3.8 Lt VS Ecotec V6 - standard VS engine.
TPS, IAC, CTS, MAT sensors used from VN Commodore 3.8Lt V6 engine and replaced VS Comm sensors. VN ser 1 Injectors.CAS, OPS & Knock sensor can be used/ left on the VS engine.
VN Commodore Computer, Factory Memcal Tune (ATM......!!!!!) Does need a reflash/retune after install, but runs great on standard VN Fact tune.
Auto - std
3.08 Diff - std
2 1/2" sports exhaust w/custom VN Y pipe, VN CAT.
KingSpring Lowered 2" from std.
Monroe Gas GT Shockers.
Nolathane Bushes Throughout.
Standard Alloy wheels. (looking for 1 of the same if anyone has one lol. just 1)
Std interior,
New Headliner,
JVC USB CD H/Unit, Jaycar 6.5 250W Splits in the front, DUB audio 250W 6 X 9's in the rear all off the H/U.

thanks guys hope you all enjoy

HICOMPVN

Last edited:

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
not bad mate, needs a bit of work in the looks department but that is kinda normal hahahaha

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
yeah blame that on, an a-hole on the frankston fwy that tried to run me off the road earlier in the year, so yeah am looking for a new bonnet, grill and Lh guard, ALL in the same colour, and i need a new rear bumper and i'll be happy, bit of paint here and there also have a spoiler to go on.

thanks admin@!!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Glad you posted up, A lot of back & forth phonecalls went into this.

Cheers
MaT

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
LOL DID IT EVER!!!!!! thanks heaps for the help

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Like the Ecotec conversion, runs nice and smooth I reckons.

Dazz

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
all is good, dfi module must have shat itself!!!!!

yay, and i can't even enjoy my baby till after work, well mybe a little on the way to work!!!