Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID compatibility

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Hey,

I've done a search for "HID" in this section and under the advanced search for the whole site and got nothing. I used the Google search and got no answer to my question.

This is directed at only people who have fitted a HID kit to their VE projector headlights, no need for anyone else to reply :)

What is the beam pattern like? Does the HID arc match up with the original halogen filament location so that the beam pattern and cut-off stays the same? Is there any glare above the cut-off?

Benboy... Don't even bother replying.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Hey,

I've done a search for "HID" in this section and under the advanced search for the whole site and got nothing. I used the Google search and got no answer to my question.

This is directed at only people who have fitted a HID kit to their VE projector headlights, no need for anyone else to reply :)

What is the beam pattern like? Does the HID arc match up with the original halogen filament location so that the beam pattern and cut-off stays the same? Is there any glare above the cut-off?

Benboy... Don't even bother replying.

Have HID's in my projector lamps. Cut off is the same, pattern is great. Same proportions of light above cut off as with halogen filament, however it does NOT glare. (can post photo's)

The light pattern and quality is awesome, it looks very nice, is very wide and does a great job. Highly recommended.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The light pattern and quality is awesome, it looks very nice, is very wide and does a great job. Highly recommended.

And it's completely ILLEGAL!!!

For HIDs to be legal they must have a self levelling system and cleaning system.

You will get defected for having HIDs unless you have them from factory - there's a new crack down going on so it's only a matter of time.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
UFO... Thanks for the useful reply. It seems like there's no problems with the low beam pattern as long as the lights are aimed correctly :) I'm only interested in low and high, not fogs as I never use them and I'd prefer 4300K or 5000K to avoid any blue in the light.

Coast_Calais... Thanks for that info too. If you have photos already, it's be great if you could post them.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
stonex as csp you MUST have those parts fitted... because once the lens of the h/light gets dirty it projects the light into different directions.. thus being a distraction to other drivers.

and when the cops defect you will either have to change it back to original or fit the other parts anyway...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I know the ADRs and the effect of a dirty lens (as in I know it's illegal and I know a dirty lens will affect the light pattern). I've used HID extensively in the past so it doesn't need to be explained to me, I just wanted to know what the pattern was like with the VE projectors.

Since you don't have a VE with projector headlights and HID, please refrain from posting in this thread as requested in the original post.

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Just in case anyone is interested in the beam pattern from the VE projector with a H7 kit. Been driving most of this week in morning and evening darkness and have not been flashed at all due to the decent cut-off and no glare above it.

Please excuse the dodgy iPhone pictures.

2443431460079440396S600x600Q85.jpg

2750507800079440396S600x600Q85.jpg

2429230220079440396S600x600Q85.jpg

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
On the weekend I got flashed for the first time (ever) in over 12 months because someone thought my HIDs were too bright. Funny thing was it happened in daylight as I was just about to head home from the coast (I always drive with headlights on when on highways).

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Might have just been telling you that your lights were on. I've had that many times when I drove with my VT headlights on during the day.