Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID lights?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Are HID lights worth buying?
Has anybody bought them and actually noticed a huge difference in the light in provides on the road?
I know they give off that nice blue tint and all.. But is there a difference between a standard Bulb and the HID?
Im thinking of upgrading my bulbs.. I currently have cheap $4 'blue tint' h4's from Hong Kong, they are slightly better then standard IMO.. But dont know if I should get the Narva Super bright or HID.. also Im looking for a brighter light.. not a Blue tint as such..

Thanks..

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
so HID's defiantly worth it?
also.. Have you had any problems with the police?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I have 55w HID's in the Hi-beam on my ute - it's helped a lot with night time driving ALTHOUGH they aren't as good as halogen lights in fog or rain as they just reflect of everything. I don't run them in the Lo-beams though as I'm not a dick head and I don't enjoy blinding oncoming drivers.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Halogen Lights reflect everything for me in the FOG and Rain with Hi Beam.. Low beam is the best to keep down glare.. and still be able to see the road..
I was thinking of getting the 35W HID, Lo/Hi .. You recon that would blind oncoming drivers?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We put a 35w HID kit in my Triton. It's definitely alot better then the lights that WERE in it......but yeah don't think I'd bother doing it in my VK or VT as I rekon the Halogens light up more. The HID's reflect signs alot more, but yeah overall I rekon the stock lights in my VT are better then the HID's in my Triton (altho I do have 6 spotties on the Triton to compensate).

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
We put a 35w HID kit in my Triton. It's definitely alot better then the lights that WERE in it......but yeah don't think I'd bother doing it in my VK or VT as I rekon the Halogens light up more. The HID's reflect signs alot more, but yeah overall I rekon the stock lights in my VT are better then the HID's in my Triton (altho I do have 6 spotties on the Triton to compensate).

What do you recon about the VR commodores Headlights then? Would you think HID's would help?
I think I have **** lights.. but I am comparing to a AU & BF falcon..
The Lights in a VK & VT are like twice the size of the lights in my VR.. :\

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I want to get HIDS now that i have projector headlights, as long as you align them right I dont see a problem with them. Im not "blinded" every time i see a car with HIDS, nor have i ever been, 4X4's sittin 1ft off my rear bumper with their headlights on is another story....

Benboy will be banned if he enters this thead...

I like to drive with my fog lights on also.