Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hidden towball

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I need to get a towball for my vf ssv but I want one that is completely hidden when assembly is removed even the plug. Does anybody know how much a setup like this would cost or best place to get it installed? Not fussed if it's not heavy duty. Cheers. For a sedan.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The only way you will likely achieve such appearance is to completely remove the tow bar assembly after each use.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I'm happy to remove the tongue that bolts on I just don't want anything sticking out surely there is something short enough to be under the bumper completely

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
Its certainly possible to fabricate something I have done a few specials in my day you need to find a towbar manufacturer who can design and build to your specifications and also be able to certify the work as per engineering and adr standards....as for the wiring yrs. ago Toyota had flat ribbon system that hung out of the boot and just layed in side when not in use

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I reckon what the OP is after is a hitch where the tongue and ball can be removed when not towing. Also you can get the lighting plug installed on flat length of cable so it hangs out the boot when ur towing and hides in the boot under the carpet when you're not.
Any towbar place can install this for you mate, it's a pretty standard setup. You just have to decide if you want the 1600KG or 2100KG rated hitch.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I reckon what the OP is after is a hitch where the tongue and ball can be removed when not towing. Also you can get the lighting plug installed on flat length of cable so it hangs out the boot when ur towing and hides in the boot under the carpet when you're not.
Any towbar place can install this for you mate, it's a pretty standard setup. You just have to decide if you want the 1600KG or 2100KG rated hitch.
Yeah but he wants the tube where the hitch slots into to be far shorter than whats currently available so that when the hitch is removed its completely hidden. Sounds like a custom job unless you backyarded it.

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
Yeah but he wants the tube where the hitch slots into to be far shorter than whats currently available so that when the hitch is removed its completely hidden. Sounds like a custom job unless you backyarded it.
definatly a custom job.
Haymanreese have it for fords. never holden.
Too help hide it.
You can 2-pak it to match your bumper.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Thanks for the suggestions guys yeah Ive had the slightly hidden groove on my last 2 holdens but you can still see it which i hate for some reason it ruins the rear end of the car. Flat cable in the boot is the go but definitely do not want to see anything at the bottom of the bumper. Will happily climb under car to bolt it on and off.

LASSTV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Thanks for the suggestions guys yeah Ive had the slightly hidden groove on my last 2 holdens but you can still see it which i hate for some reason it ruins the rear end of the car. Flat cable in the boot is the go but definitely do not want to see anything at the bottom of the bumper. Will happily climb under car to bolt it on and off.
Did you give up on the idea?