Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hidden wiring

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
My vh is in the slow process of being restored. Hopefully I will have it back on the road this year though there is no hurry. Does anyone know of anyone in the Brisbane area who could do a hidden wiring job for me? I have been quoted a price of $2500 while not knowing seems a bit steep for me

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
it's priced steeply as not many want to do job & takes heaps of time to do properly.

Is that wiring under guard,battery in boot,upgraded wiring for 120a alternator + thermofans with relays etc?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I assume that the wiring would go under the guard. The battery is already in the boot. I will upgrade the alternator to 100a, it was managing ok with the 85a before but an upgrade won't hurt as it is the original. The twin fans are already fitted. However if that is a fair price then thats ok.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Vh is simpler than vk or later vn-vs efi models as most wiring runs down one side fuses etc already under dash...still takes chunk of time & thought especially if you want it to be neat & servicable.

If they're doing all the above & do it properly then it is what it is you pay or do it it yourself.

I'll usually do my cars hidden wiring etc but stopped doing other people's cars as the amount of time it takes can see why good tradies will charge good coin it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep takes alot of time to do a good job, im doing it to my VE at the moment got it 90% done just have to wait till engine back in to work out the injectors/TB routing/hiding, keeping same plugs and wire colours to make any testing in future easier and ability to remove if need be, prob spent a good 8+ hours so far then plus plugs/wiring/shielding