Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HIGGINS Heads Cam Morel lifter package anyone done it?

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
Guys anyone had this package fitted to their machine?

GET READY TO RUMBLE! NOW AVAILABLE TO END OF MAY! « Horsepower Factory

Looks a good deal Ive booked my car in for it, wondering if anyone has had it done and can tell me what its like performance wise and how well behaved the car is for daily use and of course how much more it'll drink.

HP-F are doing this Higgins heads, cam, morel t-bar lifter etc. deal for 5k It looks like a good deal, what do you guys think of the package as whole? Ive heard mixed things about morel t-bar lifters.

My current ride has full exhaust extractors to tip and intake. APS tuned it and I am getting 259 rwkw and 790nm of torque (nominal). I am expecting to get 310+rwkw with mild cam.

Anyone actually had it done (or fitted this gear)? I know there are heaps of threads around the general subject, interested to know if anyone has taken up this deal and what their experience with HP-F is like. I haven't been there before, they look a big shop, I know they have the series on Ozgarage and can do the work right, just wondering if their work is quality work for the general public?
cheers.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Seems like you're pretty bang on the money there.

From what i know, those brands are all good quality, and HPF do good work. 310ish is a reasonable estimate, although i couldn't tell you about what fuel consumption to expect :(

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Sounds like a great deal and a great combination.

I have the morels after having the common lifter problems. Very happy with them so far (about 20,000kms since fitted). I find they make slightly more noise than stock but not anything annoying. Wish this deal with the heads was around when I was having the job done!

I reckon your estimate of 310 rwkw would be about right but could be a bit more depending on cam choice.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
So, you have booked your car in for all this, and only now are you asking for opinions???

If I was going to spend that sort of money, I would be doing my homework 1st.

But, in saying all that, I hope it all works out. Cam will make a huge difference. Heads I dont believe are worth doing until big power required. But, thats only my opinion.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Sounds great ,i have a set of morel t-bar lifter in my l98 due to the **** stock ones failing,sadly i couldn't afford to do the heads at the same time.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
I wouldnt waste the money on the heads unless your planing to make 650+hp.
L98/ls3 heads flow just fine for the usaul came package.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
One would hope that the combination will be put together to suit each other rather then just a list of expensive parts thrown together.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
They will suit but the heads and noisy lifters are more suited to much higher hp.
This is just my opinion. You can achive 310rwkw without cnc ported heads.

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
So, you have booked your car in for all this, and only now are you asking for opinions???

If I was going to spend that sort of money, I would be doing my homework 1st.

But, in saying all that, I hope it all works out. Cam will make a huge difference. Heads I dont believe are worth doing until big power required. But, thats only my opinion.

I agree with you, best do your homework first.