Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Higgins OTR CAI

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
PROAUTO Online Store

Whats everyones opinion on this? worth the $680?

im not very familiar with mafless so i wouldnt know what sort of gains and losses you get from it.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Looks like a VCM OTR.
Its a good unit. Worth $700, I don't reckon but everyone charges the same sort of money. OTR and mafless tune is the only worthwhile way to go.

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
i read somewhere that MAFless tuning is exactly ready for the VZ? is that true?

Sorry but i didnt know much about MAFless tuning until i jumped on here, basically going by what ive seen the airflow metre of MAF is removed and another way of reading airflow is put in so the engine can still dump the right amount of fuel in. right?

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Well on the LS1 they use the map sensor and intake air temp sensor to calculate the fuel needed.

I'm not sure if there is a MAFless tune available for the alloytec yet.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
proauto is in perth you should be able to get one in the eastern states for cheaper and it only fits ls1's i think

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
There will more then likely NEVER be a way to run a mafless tune on ANY 2004-2007 VZ or VE commodores. Only 2008 VE's V6's upwards can because they use the SIDI computer which is essentially american/v8 like in the sense it sorts everything out via g/sec with the airflow.

So 2008 VE's upwards you may stand a chance, VZ's......... doubt there will ever be a way given the ECU design.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
im sure the peformance manifold ute runs a mafless OTR, i know for a fact that the alloytecs over in america can run mafless, VCM havent devloped the technology yet to tune it, and prob wont because the market isnt big enough.