Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high and low beam

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
"If Plod didn't like the cut of your jib, you should have had it cut differently!"
Wow that's a bit crap, given the rep the police have of "getting defects wrong" (ie. teaching young'uns who the boss is) ...
Mr. Plod only needs his/her 'opinion' to declare a vehicle unroadworthy....

Basically, you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Mr. Plod only needs his/her 'opinion' to declare a vehicle unroadworthy....

Basically, you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
... and then when you do prove yourself innocent, you may as well have been guilty 'cos you still cop a $47 penalty!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
... and then when you do prove yourself innocent, you may as well have been guilty 'cos you still cop a $47 penalty!
Plus the $440 for driving an unroadworthy(in his opinion) car....

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I'm running a full Hid low & high beam setup from ebay seller, that sell the ones with ballast that replaces the cap on the back of the headlight. Running 35w low & 55w high can get 75w high (I Think). Vast improvement on stock, also stock low beam adjustment is set low, OK city driving, once you do proper light adjustment makes difference to low beam distance. Set properly don't get flashed by other, never been bother by cops, and I do alot of my driving in country.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plus the $440 for driving an unroadworthy(in his opinion) car....
Wat?
Really?!
I know Victorian police have a bad rep … but wow, accused of driving an unroadworthy car which is then proven to be roadworthy by their inspectors, and you still cop the fine for the misproven accusation?!?!

Reactions: Lex

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
you still cop the fine for the misproven accusation?!?!
What fine? Ask any one at behind a Vicroads desk and they’ll say its an admin fee. Just doin their job…

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What fine? Ask any one at behind a Vicroads desk and they’ll say its an admin fee. Just doin their job…
The fine for driving an unroadworthy vehicle was $440 and a yellow sticker on the windscreen.
I went to VicRoads the next morning, it cost $47 for the person to inspect my rear tires and declare them roadworthy, and give me permission to remove the yellow sticker myself.
I don't have a lot of respect for VicPol...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wat?
Really?!
I know Victorian police have a bad rep … but wow, accused of driving an unroadworthy car which is then proven to be roadworthy by their inspectors, and you still cop the fine for the misproven accusation?!?!

Yeah, assumed guilty until you prove yourself innocent...
Wrote a letter to Fines Victoria, to get it removed, but received a 'generic' reply basically stating "Stiff ****"...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, assumed guilty until you prove yourself innocent...
Well no, and that was my point.
Assumed guilty until proven innocent is reasonable & even acceptable, some legal systems work like that.
But assumed guilty, leaving the burden on you to prove yourself innocent, and yet STILL being given the same punishment as if you were guilty? It doesn't matter if you're innocent or guilty, the "proving" did nothing, you were just treated as guilty.