Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High FLow Cat

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
My cat converter has **** itself and i need a new one, i have a 97 v6 bt1 VS with pacemaker extractors and 2.5 sports exhaust and was wondering if buying a high flow cat for a v6 would make much of a difference? my mechanic told me its not worth putting a high flow cat on my car cause it wouldnt make a difference due to the fact its only a v6 and told me to just get a 2nd hand one.

What you guys think... a high flow cat is worth around 380$

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I managed to get a 2nd hand high flow from an exhaust shop for $180. They tell me it was from an almost new car that came in for a complete exhaust.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
just go second hand mate wont make much of a diff

popenfresh32

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs s pac series III uterus
second hand and either degreaser or a acid wash if u want it all slick and stuff. or wat bout a hotdog. i head bit bout them

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
second hand and either degreaser or a acid wash if u want it all slick and stuff. or wat bout a hotdog. i head bit bout them

a hotdog is a muffler, a CAT convertor is totally different.

To the OP as posted, a second hand one will surfice. but if the cost of a high flow CAT is the same as a new standard or cheaper, it wont be a problem goin high flow.