Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Flow Cats/Extractors Vf2 SSVR

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Gents

Umming and arrghhing about high flow cats and extractors, Current setup is 2.5inch hsv floor section, otr and Tuned 298kw atw..
Is it worth it in gains.
Does anybody have a same or similar setup

If so any suggestions on cats and extractors

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Absolutely 100%. There is little difference in bottom and mid between tri Y and long tube 4-1's, but the 4-1's have more top end. They sound better too. High flow cats make a big difference as well.

If you're on a budget, look for used parts, they come up for sale all the time. You can get extractors and cats for around $800 - $1000. Won'r bolt directly up though, will need to modify the front of your cat back. Or you can just buy a complete system, headers, cats and the cat back as matched set.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Won't it need a re-tune?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Need? Not really, a re-tune will refine a few things but it's not absolutely necessary.

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Absolutely 100%. There is little difference in bottom and mid between tri Y and long tube 4-1's, but the 4-1's have more top end. They sound better too. High flow cats make a big difference as well.

If you're on a budget, look for used parts, they come up for sale all the time. You can get extractors and cats for around $800 - $1000. Won'r bolt directly up though, will need to modify the front of your cat back. Or you can just buy a complete system, headers, cats and the cat back as matched set.
Is there any other differences with tri ys and 4 in 1?

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Need? Not really, a re-tune will refine a few things but it's not absolutely necessary.
I was told it may need a re tune as well, nothing drastic but to clean up and get more hp

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
all depends how close it was before, if your airflow increases in the top end and decreases in the bottom end then the percentage flow delta will be how far out it is, also depends if your already tuned ecu is using STFT and LTFT as they carry over to PE but if ur just setup using STFT then ur more then likely not getting any change to PE so if the new airflow needs 5% more fuel up top ur not going to get it without tune adjustments, also depends what ur PE commanded AFR is to if u have much margin for error, n/a is prob safer but my boosted with only a change from duel 2.5 to duel 3" i had to add 10% fuel to get it back to right up top

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is there any other differences with tri ys and 4 in 1?

4-1's are a little bit more expensive and depending on brand can have less ground clearance.

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Hi all i just bought 4-1 for my vf wn caprice. And fit passenger side with no problem but driver side i put the extractor in place but they arent alligning properly, do i need to move trans cooler pipe or is there another way to do it.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Which brand is it ?

Some brands mention it won't fit car with oil coolers

Below is the Rhyno Exhaust

Screenshot_20220731-220703_eBay.jpg