Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High idle issue on VN 355 and IAC pinout

VoodooVn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS s1
Hi guys, I have 355 stroker with a dual plane edelbrock manifold and a 4 barrel throttle body. The throttle body has instructions on how to wire 4 pin plug for the IAC motor. I need to know what “B hi, B Low, A hi and A low” are coming from the ecu and the wire colour... Does anyone have information on what each iac wire does with respect to the above on a VN V8 manual ECU??? I have had a high idle issue that I haven’t been able to work out for a while now. Cheers in advance.

Last edited:

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
iac sensor wires go to pins 3 to 6 for vn v8 ecu.... vn to vs v8 wire colour and pin on ecu are the same from memory :)
3 = green/black
4 = green/white
5 = blue
6 = blue/black

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Does the Edelbrock throttle body not use a GM style stepper motor? If so, the factory loom should plug straight in. Alternately you should be able to fit the original stepper motor from your throttlebody which will plug straight in.

Moved thread to the appropriate technical sub section.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hi guys, I have 355 stroker with a dual plane edelbrock manifold and a 4 barrel throttle body. The throttle body has instructions on how to wire 4 pin plug for the IAC motor. I need to know what “B hi, B Low, A hi and A low” are coming from the ecu and the wire colour... Does anyone have information on what each iac wire does with respect to the above on a VN V8 manual ECU??? I have had a high idle issue that I haven’t been able to work out for a while now. Cheers in advance.
adding to my previous post in pin plug position :)
C4 = B hi
C3 = B low
C5 = A hi
C6 = A low

VoodooVn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS s1
iac sensor wires go to pins 3 to 6 for vn v8 ecu.... vn to vs v8 wire colour and pin on ecu are the same from memory :)
3 = green/black
4 = green/white
5 = blue
6 = blue/black
3 = green/black
4 = green/white
5 = blue
6 = blue/black

VoodooVn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS s1
Does the Edelbrock throttle body not use a GM style stepper motor? If so, the factory loom should plug straight in. Alternately you should be able to fit the original stepper motor from your throttlebody which will plug straight in.

Moved thread to the appropriate technical sub section.

Thanks for that and Yes it is a GM stepper motor . I just want to confirm which wires are A high, A low and B high, B low so I can confirm the iac is wired as per the edelbrock instructions.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have the ability to datalog?

VoodooVn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS s1
image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
This is
adding to my previous post in pin plug position :)
C4 = B hi
C3 = B low
C5 = A hi
C6 = A low
awesome mate that’s exactly what I am after . I will confirm it all tomorrow and then take it from there. Hopefully my IAC will do what it’s supposed to do. Thank you fellas

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride