Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high milage

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
i'm interested to know how much KM's these Commodores can do? My VS2 wagon has 465000, and the Berlina wagon has 440000.... going to drive the Berlina up to 500000 and beyond. The Accaim is now semi retired, doing a trans swap on it to keep it going, so Berlina is the main car, and i love it. Note - I only do oil change at 10,000 intervals

hiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
have you had these from low mileage? It seems that you must treat them with TLC.I have heard of ecotec v6's running to 500k+ on LPG.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Depends on how much effort you're willing to put in? They're a well built car - reliable and cheap/easy to fix when things do wear out. Hardest job is changing the engine/transmission, which really isn't that hard. And for a good second hand engine you'd only pay $100-200 anyway so realistically you can keep them going forever with very little outlay.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Now this is high mileage.....https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/... 27.06.18&utm_term=list_uniquecars_newsletter

hilux-4.jpg

Taranaki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
i'm interested to know how much KM's these Commodores can do? My VS2 wagon has 465000, and the Berlina wagon has 440000.... going to drive the Berlina up to 500000 and beyond. The Accaim is now semi retired, doing a trans swap on it to keep it going, so Berlina is the main car, and i love it. Note - I only do oil change at 10,000 intervals
I had a ute that went for 400,000 km and the aircon evaporator crapped out, which is an expensive job, so that was end-of-the-road.
The 4L60E transmission should last forever if you have an external cooler and flush it now and then. They can handle an LS1, so wouldn't be stressed if you have a V6.