Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Mileage Tyres for VX

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No it wasn't optilife. It may have been another more expensive Kumho.

Possibly a Bridgestone.....That's another brand they push fairly hard and are a little more expensive that the Kumho

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Definitely was the Optilfe. And the 50,000km treadwear guarantee isnt a new for old replacement if the tyre wears before that period.

The remaining life of the tyre is calculated and then a percentage calculated and a $ amount refunded.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah without seeing what the wife wrote down i would only be guessing. I just remember getting the call to say none in Australia at the present and instead we can do pirellis at the same price. He did say on some late Hyundais the ones i could not get are the factory tyre.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Definitely was the Optilfe. And the 50,000km treadwear guarantee isnt a new for old replacement if the tyre wears before that period.

The remaining life of the tyre is calculated and then a percentage calculated and a $ amount refunded.

Mileage warranty on all brands work as you have mentioned.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good to know about the KU22s should get 40k for a fairly in expensive tyre 40k will be great. I plan to get another two when my Champs currently on the rear wear out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah without seeing what the wife wrote down i would only be guessing. I just remember getting the call to say none in Australia at the present and instead we can do pirellis at the same price. He did say on some late Hyundais the ones i could not get are the factory tyre.

Make up your mind please....First you say it wasn't the Optilife and now you're not sure....

I can't remember any Bridgestones having a mileage guarantee, but I do know that brand is more expensive than the Kumho...

I don't recall Optilifes being more expensive than the Kumho, but they do have the mileage guarantee..

KTAS also sell Diamond backs, which is their cheap and crappy tyre, that I'd only use on a skid pad

The Other brand they push is Continentials....

And finally, they will start selling Vikings, which is the cheap version made by Continential.....The tyre is made in Germany (from memory)....This will be later in the year....Not too sure when though

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The Pirellis on the wifes car replaced a pair of Toyos that clocked up 70k. But im not a fan of Toyos, so we didn't get rhe same as factory.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im not sure but i know for sure it wasn't Optilife.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Like i said he mentioned that the ones he couldn't get were factory fit on some Hyaundais. He said the Pirellis were a better tyre anyway and because he couldn't get what we ordered he gave us an upgrade for the same price. But he said the Pirellis don't have tread life warranty like the ones we ordered did. Has he tried to sell me Goodyears i would have told him no thanks.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Im not sure but i know for sure it wasn't Optilife.

Optilife is the only tyre that has the mileage guarantee through KTAS.

I can't think of any other brand of passenger tyre that has a 50,000K mileage warranty...There is 1 that did have an 80,000K mileage warranty, but KTAS can't get them....They are Coopers....