Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Pitch squeal

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
hey all

i changed my thermotstat yesterday and i just keep running into problem first was the injectors rails, anyways i started upto day after i got every thing back together and now it making a rally high pitch squeal any ideas any help would be great its anoying the hell out of me thanks matt

Swift

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
Is it your power steering? or is it a squeal coming from the ECU?

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Does it change volume or pitch with engine speed?

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
if it's obviously related to engine speed it could easily be something rotational like a bearing thats being a bastard, I used to have an alternator with a dodgy bearing that shrieked like a banshee above 3000rpm, great fun. It's also possible that it could be a very small leak somewhere around the throttle body and the air rushing past the hole is causing a whistling sound. You might want to check that the hose clamps holding the rubber hose onto the throttle body are firmly tightened and there are no obvious holes in the pipe. Other than that just listen carefully and see if you can isolate the noise further.