Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High pitched sound coming from front left wheel when turning

RonMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Over about the past month I have been hearing a high pitched noise (whistle) coming from my front R/H wheel area. As I park in a high rise carpark I only notice the sound when turning the sharp corners (going up or down) at about 20 kph. The other day the noise turned into a slight 'tap tap tap' on the turn.

At first I thought it may be the tyre squeeling on the pained arrows on the ground of the car park - this is not the case....definately coming from the wheel area. I don't hear the sound when I am driving out on the road.

Any idea's/cost of fixing.

Thamks guys

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
it maybe the sway bar link, ive just lowerd my clubby and its startd to do wat u described when i turn, the tap tap tap...they are pretty cheap, i scored my sway bar links for $31 and they are good nolathane ones...

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Ive got similar thread going at the moment reguarding a vlit sounds very similar ,is your sound like a metal on metal sound?

RonMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hey guys - na def not a metal on metal sound - more like a high pitched squeel - as soon as I straighten up my wheels its gone - lasts no more than 3 secs - and only on a sharp turn...

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
i find its when i turn the wheel more than one full turn...but mine does sound like sqeek and sound kinda like metal on metal, but once ive fitted the sawy bar links ill tell ya if it fixed my noise.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I keen to hear what it is,I going to check the the vl tomarrow if I find anything I let everyone know aswell

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Have a look around the wheel area, pay particular attention to CV boot covers and joints to make sure they are ok and not punctured.

Also it could be something just caught around the wheel area.