Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high preformance lifters for an ecotec

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i've got an L67 in bits ready for the come stroker to go in, and have heard the same about speed pro lifters, so i am also keen to get a different brand lifter put in. I called my engine builder to see what he could find out... apparently the speed pro lifters are only rated to 6000rpm, and something along the lines of a GM product being available for the v6, a "performance" lifter similar to LS1 lifters that are rated to 8000rpm. I only got sketchy details thus far, but when i find out more i'll post up here.

Anyone else got any additional info?

Cheers

i've also heard of using LS1 lifters in the V6. i've defintily heard of a few lifter failures with the items supplied by COME. i wouldn't touch em personally (the lifters that is)

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Just a little note, if these lifters are the same as V8 Holden then all 305 327 350ci chev etc(pretty sure 0.842" OD) so in searching for them you can search for chev 350 lifters which may give you a better selection, also they fit Toyota 1Y 2Y 3Y 4Y FYI.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Just a little note, if these lifters are the same as V8 Holden then all 305 327 350ci chev etc(pretty sure 0.842" OD) so in searching for them you can search for chev 350 lifters which may give you a better selection, also they fit Toyota 1Y 2Y 3Y 4Y FYI.

all V6 and LS1/2 etc run hydraulic roller lifters. the holden V8 and chev 350 etc all run flat tappet hydraulic lifters (except for the sIII VS/ VTs1 which also had a hydraulic roller lifters)

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
all V6 and LS1/2 etc run hydraulic roller lifters. the holden V8 and chev 350 etc all run flat tappet hydraulic lifters (except for the sIII VS/ VTs1 which also had a hydraulic roller lifters)

ah gotcha, scrap that other post then LOL, still learning on the V6, been an 8 man.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
crow cams used to make a performance lifter but they stopped making them as they ended up not being any good and crow cams recomended me to just buy new standard lifters and they will be fine for 6500rpm which is wat my rev limiter is set to

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
hey thanks to replying so fast, so do the ls1/2 lifters fit in with no problem at all or do you have to bore it out a little bit for them to fit a ecotec v6, and if there is a performance lifter for the v6 then is it a genuine lifter that i could just buy over the counter from a holden dealer, i will most likely change them just to be sure the old ones brake, and i have no problem with getting oem lifters but if i can can put in performance lifters or even ls1/2 lifters then i might think about buying them instead just as long as they are genuine lifters:thumbsup:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
hey thanks to replying so fast, so do the ls1/2 lifters fit in with no problem at all or do you have to bore it out a little bit for them to fit a ecotec v6, and if there is a performance lifter for the v6 then is it a genuine lifter that i could just buy over the counter from a holden dealer, i will most likely change them just to be sure the old ones brake, and i have no problem with getting oem lifters but if i can can put in performance lifters or even ls1/2 lifters then i might think about buying them instead just as long as they are genuine lifters:thumbsup:

Won't need to bore the bores out, if they're old and scum you (or engine builder) may want to give them a light hone, from ready above what I make it out to be is that the LS1/LS2 lifters are a direct replacement for V6 lifters i.e exactly the same, someone else should prob confirm this tho.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I dont think ls1 style are the same I'm almost positive theyre not. Roller 5lt are the same as v6 ones though

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep it's the VT 5 litre ones that are the same

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
Yep it's the VT 5 litre ones that are the same

ok so the oem lifters are rated at 6500rpm right about where i will be resetting the rev limiter, are the 5l vt lifters rated a little higher than the oem lifters just wondering because i would prefer the rating to be higher than the rev limiter just so i have that peace of mind that they have less chance of breaking.