Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high preformance lifters for an ecotec

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
hi i was just wondering what are the choices in brand names for high performance lifters for an ecotec motor that are very reliable and can handle a lot of power

cheers.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Crow resell Morell lifters. I've heard there's nothing wrong with OEM lifters as long as they are set up right

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Crow resell Morell lifters. I've heard there's nothing wrong with OEM lifters as long as they are set up right

Yep. As long as you aren't going for HUGE revs then use the stock lifters.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'm all for short shifting a stock bottom end L67. 5600rpm shifts FTW:yeah:

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
im going to be putting a 4.2l stoker kit from come racing in a ecotec because i will be supercharging it later on and i heard that the "speed pro lifters" that come with the kit are not good so will be changing them to something better if there is better out there of course, the rev limiter will be getting reset to about 6300rpm, so year it not going to be stock engine.:thumbsup:

cheers.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
i've got an L67 in bits ready for the come stroker to go in, and have heard the same about speed pro lifters, so i am also keen to get a different brand lifter put in. I called my engine builder to see what he could find out... apparently the speed pro lifters are only rated to 6000rpm, and something along the lines of a GM product being available for the v6, a "performance" lifter similar to LS1 lifters that are rated to 8000rpm. I only got sketchy details thus far, but when i find out more i'll post up here.

Anyone else got any additional info?

Cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't think you will find a better lifter than the factory GM/Delco who ever makes their stuff

Last edited:

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
i just have OEM lifters. Inspected them and put them back in. Did some research on lifters after choosing my cam grind, and an engine builder said the stockers (if in good cond) will do the job for your application.

Mine makes peak power at 6300 and the limiter is at 6500

LJS-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY6 Ute
As a few others have said, factory lifter are worth their weight in gold, alot of people get fooled into buying products they dont need because they under estimate the capabilities of alot of OEM parts.

As long as the mileage of the part doesnt rival most taxis, you should be laughin.