Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high ratio roller rockers or cam?

Ben88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 2000 manuel ute
Hey guys I was thinking about putting in a stage 1 cam in my 3.8L VS Ute manual what else do I need to do to it or will it run fine with no extras? Cheers in advance

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
The reference to stage 1 is the cam is as close to stock as available possibly a little more but it will not be noticable.
a reasonable stock replacement in my opinion.
you may not even need to tune the car after but someone else may be able to let you know on that!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wouldn't hurt to shave the heads down a bit to increase the compression ratio with your performance cam also bear in mind u will need heavier valve springs and hardened pushrods isn't a silly idea either

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hey guys I was thinking about putting in a stage 1 cam in my 3.8L VS Ute manual what else do I need to do to it or will it run fine with no extras? Cheers in advance

Not sure why you would bother with a tiny cam. Your looking at around 2k to do it properly for minimal gains.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
for an old buick.. neither really.
best way to go is get an 8 on a stand and tinker. do both cam and rockers, maybe even as far as flattops ect.
and when your ready do the swap.

otherwise if your a p plater and want a little extra go just change to higher diffgears, best bang for your buck in my book