Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 High Rise Manifold on EFI 5L

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
you can run all your accesories with with a gilmer setup you just gotta get the right one

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I didn't say gilmer belts i said Timing belts being a belt that does the same job as a timing chain (mostly on euro boxes & Toyotas)....Timing belts & Gilmer belts are 2 totally different things. I think you need to learn the difference...

i was refering to another post. i do know the difference :).

pub, are you able to refer me to such kit? will i need to run thermos?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
mate stick witht the standard manifold, and do some other work to your motor.
I made over 280 rwhp with the standard manifold on my senator. So be smart and spend your money wisely!!

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
hey man i bought a Torque Power low rise dual plane a month ago its gettin installed now and i get it back monday hopefully, im getting some before and after dyno runs done so ill show u the results. ur better off spending ur money on a genuine manifold not a dodgy copy. ive herd bad things about the copies where ppl have had to re drill some of the holes and that kinda **** because it wasnt drill right in the 1st place, youll need a manifold ($800 - $1000)
a 1000cfm 4 barrel throttle body ($500 - $1000) and air cleaner ( $80+) and linkage kit ($80) and injectors and a tune if u really want.

all my **** was new/second hand i just looked around on forums and ebay and probally saved $700 i payed 5 hunge for a 1200cfm TB.

as for the gear drives i got them aswell they make a good whine and i rekon it sounds better than a gilmer belt u cant hear em when ideling just driving, ppl say they wear out and ya find metal fileings in ur engine oil but ive dropped my oil twice now and yet to find any metal filings

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
the reason why im not getting gilmer belts is because i want my ac, power steering etc.

i have a gilmer kit on my car. its sounds really nice when driving and gets alot of attention. although i am sick of dropkicks asking me if its supercharged :bang:

ive had it on for a couple yrs and havent had any problems. still got P/S but no A/C and as stated above, if you find the right kit and put the effort in you can have A/C as well. its alot easier and cheaper than gears so if ur just after the "whine" sound then go for the gilmer.

you will find that its quite noisy at idle but its just something u get used to after a while. i think its definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Dude how to you think they make a sound, sound is energy, it's either sucking power or wearing out to make the sound you love so much. Chains are better, ask Sam about this
hehe I missed this one.. yes, timing gears do sound wonderful in my opinion. HOWEVER my old set was right near failing point after about 30,000 km. They were chopped out to the point where you could force them to jump teeth with your bare hands.. just waiting to fail with no warning whatsoever. I loved the sound but I will never run another set, they're just too unreliable.

sorry to wake the thread up but I feel people should be made aware of this, especially since I ran around advertising their advantages so much earlier on before I knew the truth :)

Sam