Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 High Rise Manifold on EFI 5L

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You get what you pay for with such things. That manifold is a copy of the Torquepower hi rise manifold which you can convert to EFI. You will need a 4 barrel throttle body and a bit of know how in getting it to work. It suits high compression big rev engines & strokers. Putting it on an otherwise stock motor will probably make it substantially slower. As for the gears, they will be more or less advertising that you are driving a substantially slower car than stock.

I personally would not let anything from that vendor anywhere near my car - cheap Chinese knock offs are bad when they are doing thousands of RPM.

Reaper

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I have wanted to get a gear drive for my car. i dont like the idea on relying on a chain inside my engine. I had to many bad experiences on a BMX bike.

What type of manifold would be good for a stock engine to give me some more mid to top end power.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have wanted to get a gear drive for my car. i dont like the idea on relying on a chain inside my engine. I had to many bad experiences on a BMX bike.

What type of manifold would be good for a stock engine to give me some more mid to top end power.

ROTFL - a good quality double row timing chain is worlds apart from your old BMX bike. A low quality gear drive will ruin your day just as badly.

As for a stock engine??? Your stock manifold does a very good job. If you want a mild engine then a low rise dual plane torquepower or similar is the go. Pay for quality - trust me - those Chinese things are rubbish.

Reaper

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS

ahahha ive got tears in my eyes reading that.
Dont you hate it when your bmx chain rubs on your leg and pulls the hairs out...

IMO gear/gilmer drives sounds crap.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Gear drives wear themselves down after a while. Chains have auto-tensioners, so as they stretch over time, they keep gripping on the pulleys. The chain on my Statesman is 300,000km old and still going strong :) I'd like to see a gear drive last that long.

Also, as everybody else has said, stay well away from those chinese copies. Manifolds are all about flow, and you can bet those babies aren't perfectly flow-matched, and are full of bad casting.

Not to mention, a high-rise manifold will do you NO GOOD! High rise single plane manifolds are for track strokers doing 6000rpm plus all day.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
The chain on my statesman is over 300,000k's old haha. Now i have the money i dont see myself keeping the chain much longer, i really want the gears. i wont go for that one from ebay. something better tho.

I wouldnt buy anything from ebay. I just like seeing what parts there are out there. I want a different manifold tho. I just dont like the look of them. Just like my exhaust system. Im getting bored of the sound. I just want differnt.

Please dont tell me to do engine swaps. I dont have that much money.